Interesting Personal Essay Ideas
A personal essay gives the reader a glimpse of your personal life experience. A lot of times you may need to compose a personal essay. It could be for a simple class assignment, or the requirement for a college application. In order to gain ideas of writing a personal essay, you can get inspired by the listed topics below. Just think of each of the ideas as a prompt for writing, and imagine any special moment the prompt may bring to your mind.
- How you and your best friend met
- The bravest moment of your life
- What makes your parents special
- The experience of overcoming a fear
- The moment your life changed forever
- Why you can succeed in life
- A difficult choice you have made
- A place that is special to you
- The experience of being let down by a friend
- A failure you experienced
- A disappointment you had
- A surprising turn of events you experienced
- Your favorite period of time
- A place you always try to avoid
- If you had power, what you would do with it
- What super power you choose to have
- If you could change someone’s life
- How money matters for your life
- Where would you go hide
- The biggest loss you have experienced
- If you could have a do-over
- Words that stung
- A book that has changed your life
- When you have the desire of running away
- When you have the urge of hiding in a hole
- The proudest moment of your life
- When you were taught a lesson by a child
- Words that prompted hope
- If your dog or cat could talk
- Your favorite time with family
- If you could invent something
- If you could live in a different country
- What the world would be like in 100 years
- If you lived 100 years ago
- The animal you would like to be
- The greatest movie moment
- One thing you would change about the world
- If you could change one thing about yourself
- The type of teacher you want to be
- If you could live anywhere
- A museum you’d like to visit
- If you could become a building
- Something a robot could never do
- An animal that could be in charge of the world
- The greatest discovery
- Your most fortunate day
- Your secret love
- Your secret talent
- The ugliest thing you have seen
- The most beautiful thing you have seen
- An accident which changed everything
- Something you have witnessed
- A right choice
- A wrong choice
- How you would spend a million dollars
- The meaning of color
- If you could start a charity
- Your favorite gift
- A close call
- A secret place
- A hard lesson
- An unexplained event
- Something you can’t resist
- A visitor that you can’t forget
- The longest moment you ever had
- An awkward social moment
- A near death experience
- The hardest news you had to deliver
- A special morning
- A kiss that meant a lot
- Why you will never tell a lie
- When you needed a hug
At least one time in life each of us had to start writing essays. This could be a task in high school, GED, GRE, an essay that was attached to the university application, or other works which should have been written during long years of study. That’s why we believe that every student knows that the most difficult part of this task is choosing one of the thousands of possible interesting essay topics.
Choosing a topic is a crucial issue that partly estimates the final success of the work. It happens that all students have to write an essay on the topic, chosen by the tutor. But sometimes, a teacher gives his students the freedom of choice and offers to write an essay on any subject that they want.
This is where all the traps and the biggest challenge! Very often it becomes difficult to choose one topic either because of the many ideas in the student’s head or because of their complete absence. But, sooner or later everyone has to make a decision and better if it will be done sooner. Do not waste much time choosing a topic, otherwise, you will have a lack of time for writing an essay itself.
Popular Types of Essays
And here are some tips, helping you to do it quickly and efficiently.
- Freedom of choice is the ability to choose a topic that you are well versed in. This is your chance to get a good grade, and you should not miss this chance. So, do not even think about writing an essay on the topic that you have no idea about. Take a moment and use the opportunity to choose the topic you really like.
- The process of choosing the topics should not take you much time. It does not matter how to choose, the main thing is to choose quickly, even with elimination approach. Immediately exclude topics you cannot write about because you will not be able to fully reveal the question.
- Write an approximate plan of your essay, and if you meet some difficulties, you can make some changes in the topic. It is possible since you have the right to choose or change the subject any time.
- Your topic must comply with the subject matter and reveal the interesting question, maybe even several questions. The interesting theme will allow attracting maximum attention among the public, and especially in the one who checks your essay. You can even make some certain mistakes, but interesting contents of your work and the presence of your personal opinion on the problem will save your mark.
- The structure of the work should not be changed. Despite the free theme, it is the same work, like any other essay, which means no more freedom there. Your essay must be informative and must meet right algorithm that includes an introduction, conclusion, etc.
- Be enthusiastic while writing your essay. Do not hesitate to express your ideas. You can easily do it because you’ve chosen the theme by yourself. This will guarantee you a good mark.
Categories, essay topics may be divided into. Every work certainly has its own style. Thanks to the right choice of presentation style and a clear understanding of the goals you want to achieve in your essay, there are several categories essay themes may be divided into.
This classification includes following essay topic divisions: descriptive, informative, persuasive, exploratory, cause and effect, compare and much more. Each of categories, mentioned above, must include a number of features like a synthesis, development and presentation of the author’s thoughts. The course of the narration and the author’s goal also change. For example:
- An argumentative essay main goal is to convince the reader of the authenticity of all the facts and the correctness of the author’s personal opinion about the problem rose in the work. In most cases, the titles of such works are interrogative, and the task of the writer is finding enough arguments in favor of his answer to this question.
- Contents of persuasive essay topics originally give writer possibility to clearly understand that he/she would have to actively convince the reader and try to sway readers on his side.
- Satire in essays may be expressed in its topic, which at the same time can show that mostly non-serious themes will be spoken about in the text.
We could go on giving hundreds of examples and name dozens of categories, but, won’t it be easier for you to decide on your own what to write your next essay about? We are happy to assist you in making a solution, and offer you a long list of good and interesting topics and ideas for easy writing of your masterpiece works!
On our site you will find much more useful unique information that is sure to be useful for junior and high school kids from, like common home task essay about Hamlet, as well as, for example, application essays for college for future students.
We will write a custom essay sample on
any topic specifically
for only $13.90/page